Where does the time go… Its less than a month until I finish work, and then its time to do some exploring before heading home. It got me thinking about where we were this time last year. We were exploring the wonderful province of Alberta and were lucky enough to spend time in Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Edmonton, Drumheller, Calgary, Medicine Hat and Banff again!
So I thought I would share some of my highlights during this time.
- Walking out onto a frozen Lake Louise and admiring the Chateau
- Chasing frozen waterfalls in Johnston Canyon, Banff
- Enjoying the view of the Rockies everywhere you look
- Checking out Cave and Basin and enjoying the Banff Hot Springs
- Driving along the Icefields Parkway and enjoying the Athabasca Falls
- Wildlife spotting in Jasper for deer and elk
- Walking around the grounds of the beautiful Parliament Buildings in Edmonton
- The Indoor Waterpark in West Edmonton Mall (North America’s Largest Mall)
- Day tripping to Elk Island National Park which was ironically full of Bison
- Checking out the Hoodoos in the badlands
- Dinosaur everything in Drumheller and strolling around the Royal Tyrell Museum
- Watching human curling in downtown Calgary
- Snow tubing in Calgary Olympic Village and bobsledding for Jamaica
- Standing in the World’s Largest Teepee in Medicine Hat
Already can’t wait to visit again in the summertime!